At 21 months old, Grace still doesn't talk much. At least not many words that WE can understand! Last week, she took my hand and led me to the fridge. This is new, her leading us to the things she wants. I figured she wanted some milk, so I opened the door to get the gallon of milk out while Grace checks out the stuff on the shelves.
I guessed that she found what she was looking for when she made a happy sound and then grabbed the bowl of leftover peas and handed them to me. I asked her if she wanted some peas and she jumped up and down and clapped her hands!
I think it's fabulous that she loves her veggies, especially GREEN veggies! Don't most kids hate green vegetables? But, I get the feeling that our families think we don't allow Grace to have sweets, when really we offer them to her and she pushes the cookies or cakes away.
I still offer new things to her, just to try to see what it is that she really likes. And I always have the camera ready for proof to our relatives that we really do allow Grace to have a sweet treat!
Here are some photos of Grace over the holidays eating her first brownie:
|Grace isn't usually such a messy eater. But with spaghetti, the mess just can't be helped. |
She looks pretty proud of herself in this picture, don't you think?
|Being silly for the camera....|
|C'mon Grace, try the brownie....|
|Okay, now she's just messing with me...|
|Taking her first bite of brownie......|
|I think she liked it!|
I'm linking this post to the following blog carnivals:
- Say Cheese! at It's a Blog Party
- Wordless Wednesday at 5MinutesForMom.com
- Wordless Wednesday at Wordless Wednesday
- Wordy or Not So Wordy Wednesday at Traci66
- Not So Wordless Wednesday at A Beautiful Mess
- Wordish Wednesday at SuperMom
- Wordful Wednesday at Parenting by Dummies
- Wordless Wednesday at Frugality is Free
- Wordless Wednesday at The Divine Miss Mommy
- Wordless Wednesday at My Life In Jenga
- Photo Tuesdays at Goodbye city, Hello suburbs
- BDL at Mommy Panda