Even though I said I was over the summer and ready for fall, I really do think that this summer passed very quickly. Especially the last few weeks.
I spent most of the past several weeks clearing out the basement and while I'm pretty sure I surpassed my goal of clearing out 500 items, there's still so much more that needs to go before we can work on Grace's play area in the basement; a project I'd like to have finished before winter.
September is already looking like a busy month for us, with lots to do in the next few weekends. We're looking forward to play dates, apple picking, family get-togethers and even a Keurig Vue House Party! Have I mentioned how much we love the fall?!
Although, I put my crock pot to good use this summer, that's nothing compared to the work out it and my cast iron dutch oven will be getting this fall and winter! I am so excited to start preparing our favorite soups, stews, chili, and casseroles!
Take a look at what we'll be enjoying this week:
- Chicken, fried zucchini, corn on the cob. We originally planned on grilled chicken for dinner tonight, but after being out in the rain a few times today, Joe thinks we should have "shake & bake" instead of him having to do the grilling. He doesn't know it yet, but the corn will need to cooked outside!
- Hamburgers, grilled potatoes, homemade zucchini pickles (recipe coming soon),corn on the cob. We'll be using up the last few burgers in the freezer for this meal. Even though, I'm craving fall and winter dishes, I never get tired of burgers!
- Enchiladas. We didn't get around to making these last week and I sure did miss them! I love how easy and versatile enchiladas can be, perfect for a busy night!
- Hamburger Stew. This is one of our favorite dinners and if I shared the recipe here before, I couldn't find the link at quick glance. I'll look further and be sure to share it here after I snap a photo of the prepared stew!
- Zesty Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Grilled Potatoes, green beans. This shredded chicken recipe has been our go-to meal of the summer! I love how easy is it to throw together! I also love how far this recipe stretches once the chicken is shredded!
- Leftovers! As always, I'm sure there will be leftovers from most of the meals planned this week. That works for me! I could use a couple of no-cooking nights so I can focus on other things that need to get done around here...like the never-ending piles of laundry on the basement floor!
Now that you know what we're eating this week, let us know in the comments what's for dinner at your house this week! Or, if you need more menu planning inspiration? Follow me over to Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie! Or, if you like what you see here, you can check out my past menu plans.