What a beautiful day it is today! I am excited to have the windows open to let in some fresh air! While I love the cool air from the air conditioner, I am sick and tired of the constant noise! I'll be really happy when it's time to take the air conditioners out of the windows, not to be seen again until next summer!
I think Grace is ready for fall, too! We went outside for a bit on Friday and Grace found a small pile of leaves. When I say SMALL pile, I mean just about 10 leaves! But she played with them for about 20 minutes, throwing them up in the air and crunching them under her feet!
The rain changed our plans for the weekend and I ended up rearranging my kitchen a bit. Reorganizing cabinet and clearing off shelves. I'm looking forward to getting the Halloween decorations down from the attic and decorating for fall. I'm only about half way finished because I get distracted easily! I hope to be finished the organizational part tonight, then I can get decorating tomorrow!
Again, this week, I'll be preparing a bunch of easy meals. Leftovers and quick, one-pot meals will make clean up after dinner much easier! Allowing me to focus on other things that need to get done around here instead!
- Monday: Leftovers. I made a large crock pot of Zesty Crock Pot BBQ Chicken on Saturday and there was a lot left over. We'll have bbq chicken sandwiches for tonight's dinner and freeze the rest for one night next week!
- Tuesday: Hamburger Stew. We didn't get around to serving this last week. We had a couple nights where we just wen't in the mood for dinner. PB&J sandwiches or cereal always works on those nights we just want something small. After I'm finished cleaning up the kitchen tonight, I'll chop all the veggies I need for this meal. I'll share the recipe with you soon! I'll serve this with bread and salad.
- Wednesday: Hamburgers, salad topped with Aurora Natural Salad Fixin's. We've been trying to stay away from fast food the past several weeks. Mainly because we've been spending too much money at the drive-thru windows and pizza delivery. To satisfy our junk-food cravings (mainly mine), I like to make some fast food options at home. The salad will be a nice change to the greasy fries we normally enjoy with our burgers!
- Thursday: Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce, garlic bread, salad. I tried making this sauce in the crock pot a couple of months ago and was not pleased with the results at all. I'll make it on the stove this time and freeze the leftover sauce for a few weeks from now.
- Friday: Bacon, Potato & Egg Skillet. The weekends have been too busy to have a nice big breakfast, so instead, I'll make one of our favorite breakfast meals for dinner! Mmmm!
- Saturday / Sunday: I think the weekend will consist of either burgers or leftovers.
See? I told you I was keeping it easy this week!
Now that you know what we're eating this week, let us know in the comments what's for dinner at your house this week! Or, if you need more menu planning inspiration? Follow me over to Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie! Or, if you like what you see here, you can check out my past menu plans.
You can also find this week's menu plan linked to On the Menu Monday hosted by Yvonne at Stone Gable.