A week or so ago, I decided to switch over to the PointsPlus program on Weight Watchers. I found myself using my points on lots of indulgences rather than loading up on healthier options like vegetables, smoothies, yogurt, etc. So, I'm back to Simply Filling and loving the better choices I am making at mealtime.
On Monday, I made this for myself for lunch but left off the quinoa since i didn't have any premade. I was hungry almost immediately after due to the lack of protein. So, today, I decided to make this again for lunch. This time I was sure to include the quinoa. Not only did I enjoy the heartier wrap, but the protein from the quinoa really helped keep me fuller longer. Black beans would have been great too, but I didn't feel like opening a new can at that moment, so I left them off this time around!
Grilled Veggie Quinoa Wraps
- red pepper slices
- red onion slices
- broccolini or broccoli florets
- reduced calorie, whole grain wrap.
- 1/2 wedge light Laughing Cow Cheese, flavor of your choice.
- 2-3 romaine leaves
- 1/4 cup prepared quinoa, heated
- Place peppers, onions and broccoli onto a stove top grill pan and cook over high heat. Turning once during cooking time. Cook to desired tenderness. I grilled just long enough to get some grill marks on my vegetables since I tend to prefer my veggies with some crunch left to them.
- While the vegetables are cooking, spread the 1/2 wedge of light Laughing Cow Cheese over the entire wrap.
- Place lettuce leaves down the center of the wrap.
- Top lettuce with the grilled vegetables and the quinoa.
- Roll up and enjoy!
- All of the components of this recipe are Weight Watchers Power Foods, except for the Laughing Cow. One wedge is 1 point, but I can get away with using just half the wedge for zero points! I like using the LC spread since it helps work as a glue to hold some of the veggie in! Also, when spreading all the way to the edge, it helps seal the wrap as you fold it over!
- If you prefer all power foods, omit the Laughing Cow. Use some fat free salsa for some flavor, or spread a thin layer of fat free sour cream. If you're missing the cheese, sprinkle with some shredded fat free cheese.
- Black beans would be a wonderful addition to this wrap!