I needed something quick and filling for lunch yesterday that would still fit in with the Simply Filling program I am following via Weight Watchers Online. We had been away over the weekend and hadn't yet done a big grocery order.
Grace was already fed, so all I had to do was worry about myself, but when I opened the fridge to take inventory of the contents, I had no idea what I was going to make myself for lunch. I spotted a container of leftover quinoa and it hit me! Quinoa Black Bean Taco Lettuce Cups! Easy, delicious and filling! Perfect!
Quinoa Black Bean Taco Lettuce Cups ~ A Simply Filling Recipe
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 canned black beans
- 1/4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 T. (or more to your liking) low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water or fat free salsa
- 1/2 T jarred jalapeno slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Add all ingredients to a small pan, stirring to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Divide over lettuce leaves, serve.
- This was such a delicious and easy meal! I ate the entire pan for lunch, divided between two "lettuce cups". I used iceberg lettuce which made for some large (and somewhat messy) cups. Next time, I'll use romaine leaves and use less of the mixture for each lettuce wrap.
- Fat-free mozzarella cheese would also be a good addition if you feel you need cheese to make these more like tacos.