I tend to be a Negative Nelly about my life. I'm great about putting a positive spin on things when friends vent to me about their bad days, but when it comes to my life, I only see the bad things. In an attempt to change this aspect of my personality, I want to journal some things that make me smile each week. Hoping that when I look back, I'll see just how many things I have to be grateful for and smile about in my life.
Here's what made me smile last week:
- My Princess. Last week was a good week for Grace. We signed her up for Princess Camp at a local dance school. Mainly, this was a practice run for her going to school. Though, now I'm not sure which one of us needed the trial run to work on separation anxiety. Me or Grace. Her past dance classes were only 45 minutes long, so I waited in what she calls the "blue room" for her to finish her class. Princess Camp was a longer class, so no way I was waiting that entire time. When we were discussing her camp, she was asking if I was going to wait. I explained that I wasn't going to wait this time, but we'd be back to pick her up as soon as it was over. We were really hoping it wasn't going to be an issue. First night went well...the second night was even better. By the end of the week, she was pushing me out the door. She even broke through some "issues" she has with things. That especially made me smile.
- Weekends with Friends. We had a chance to get away this weekend. It's been too long since we've had an overnight away. How long? This was Grace's first night not sleeping in her own bed. She's FIVE. That's a long time to not take a trip! We spent an overnight up the mountains and enjoyed a busy day exploring nature, splashing in the creek and having fun at an amusement park! That's a lot of fun crammed into one day! We were tired afterwards, but it was worth it!
- Weight Loss Support. For the past couple of months, I've been really wanting to lose some weight. Keeping on track hasn't been easy. I've had some good weeks and bad weeks, but the support I've been receiving from friends via conversations, emails, and facebook support groups is constant and wonderful!
- Mommy time. While Grace had her Princess Camp last week, I got a taste of what it's going to be like when she starts school and I get some time to myself. Having that hour and half break while she was at camp, really helped me feel more relaxed and I found myself being less grumpy about things.
- A girl and her dog. Grace and Remmy have been bonding more and more lately. While Remmy has always ADORED Grace, our little girl really never cared one way or another about Remmy. In the past year, Grace has been more playful with Remmy and just this week, I can see there is a huge bond forming between the two! I just know one day soon, I am going to walk into Grace's room and find her playing dress up with the dog and Remmy will be loving every moment!
I hope this week brings you all lots of smiles!