It tasted a lot like Honey Dew Melon to me and was fabulous in the fruit salad I made for dessert that night. I've been drinking a lot of smoothies for breakfasts and/or lunches, so naturally, I wanted to try this new (to me) melon in smoothie form.
Sorry, no photo this time around!
Strawberry Lemon Drop Melon Smoothie
- 1/2 cup plain, fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 3 splenda packets (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup spinach, frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup lemondrop melon, frozen
- 10 ice cubes (optional)
- Add all ingredients, except for the ice, into the blender pitcher. I added them in the order listed above. Blend.
- Add ice, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- This makes a big smoothie! Easily, this could be two servings. One for breakfast, one for lunch. Or one for you, one for a friend. Or, if you're a piggy like me, drink it all at once!
- Can't find lemondrop melons as your grocer? Use honeydew instead!
Click here for more of my favorite smoothie recipes.