I had a different idea in mind, but came up with this once I started throwing stuff into the bowl. Very easy, very delicious!
Simply Filling Tuna Vegetable Pasta Salad
serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side dish
- 4 oz. whole grain pasta, dry
- 1 mini cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 Tbs. fat free mayo
- 1-2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning, to taste
- 2 oz. albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Pour drained pasta into a medium-large mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stirring until well combined.
- Cover and chill in fridge for an hour or more.
- I wanted a power food pasta salad that I could eat as a main dish on busy night. The added protein from the egg and tuna help keep me full if I'm eating this on it's own. Serve a smaller portion if you are using this as a side dish recipe.
- I used 2 tsp. of the Old Bay Seasoning since I wanted a really flavorful pasta salad. Use more or less to your taste preference.