The baby and I actually had a chance to get out of the house for a bit and do some shopping. But those couple of shopping trips came with a little gift....SWINE FLU.
We're both still sick and trying to recover. Amazingly, my husband hasn't gotten sick yet. He stopped off to get a flu shot on Tuesday when he picked up my prescription. So, hopefully that kicks in quick!
Anyway, as dreadful as I feel, I have some favorites that I'd like to share with y'all. I only have a few moments, Grace is napping and I should be too.
- My husband. I know I've posted him as a favorite last week. But with all that he's done for us this week, he deserves to be at the top of the list this week! Poor guy has been running around like crazy taking us to the doctors and getting us medicine and keeping up with making Grace's bottles, doing laundry, washing dishes, etc. All in addition to trying (I've had to call him home early twice this week and he took off one day completely)to go to work. All without a single complaint.
- Well-stocked freezer and pantry. With all the extra expenses this week (doctor co-pays, prescriptions, supplies), I'm thankful that we have a well-stocked freezer and pantry to fall back on for the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure we have enough to get us by for a month without going grocery shopping. Sure, we'll have to pick up bread, milk, eggs and fresh produce. But we won't have to do any major shopping for a little while.
- Last weekend. Even though it was the busy weekend that caused us to get sick, I still have to say that it was a great weekend! 1/2 price day at our local thrift on Friday was a great day! I managed to get something that I had my eye on last month and was amazed that it was still there. (More about that in a future post.) Also, I picked up a coat for Grace on Saturday at Kohl's and a few other things for her at Target.
- Clean linens. Wednesday, since Joe was home, I managed to find some time to change the linens on our bed. It was really needed, especially with the sweats and chills I had the night before. Normally, with Grace being up with only short naps during the day, I have a tough time doing chores like this. But he took care of her all day while I stayed away from her, hoping to not get her sick too. But, oh how nice it felt to climb into bed with the nice clean sheets and blankets. We'll be climbing back in after I'm done posting this.
- McDonald's. Ever since I was a little girl, I've craved McDonald's when I'm sick. I think it's because when I was 13 I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and HATED the hospital food. My Dad would visit during his lunch hour and bring me McDonald's so I didn't have to eat the hospital food. Now whenever I am sick, that's what I want! Yesteday, I asked Joe what we were having for dinner. He asked me what I wanted and laughed when I told him I wanted McDonald's. He should have known! Even on my worst days of morning sickness (lasted all day for me) I wanted McDonald's! French Fries cure everything! :)
So, there's my five. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to visit all of your blogs this weekend. If not, I am sorry. Once we're all better, I'll be back to blogging full time again!