Since I have a few minutes, I thought I would let y'all know how I did on my first day of the Slimmer this Summer Challenge. For those following along with me, I may not be able to do this daily, but I'll try to post as often as possible.
Sorry I don't have any photos, journaling my food using the calorie counter/food diary at MyFitnessPal.com takes up a bit more time than I'm to, so it might take a while before I get into the swing of things! But, you can check out the Weight Loss 2011 tab under my header to see some before photos!
My total calories for the day was 1392. That's a little high, but still keeps me within the challenge requirements.
Here's how I broke down my meals.
Breakfast (174 calories):
- One jumbo egg, scrambled.
- One slice of toast
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
Lunch (240 calories):
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Clif Bar. I fully intended on eating some tuna for lunch, but when I went out to the mail box, I saw that the Free Clif Bar sample I requested arrived. It was incredible! Lots of fiber and protein!
Dinner (530 calories):
- Vegetable Fried Rice (last of the leftover Chinese)
- duck sauce.
- Dannon Light and Fit yougurt (about 1 1/2 cups) with 2 Tbs. of whipped cream
- Blueberry infused Craisins (100 calorie pack)
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Sherbet with 3 Tbs. of whipped cream
- 10 glasses of water! I am so proud of myself!
- Multi-vitamin and Vitamin D supplement taken with dinner.
Sleep/Exercise: The previous night, I was up late trying to tackle the basement. I climbed into bed at 2:30 and Grace woke me up at 5:30. Since I only had 3 hours sleep, I skipped on the exercise. I slept much better on Monday night.
You'll notice I didn't eat a lot of fruit or vegetables yesterday. We haven't gone grocery shopping this week yet, so I'm out of or running low on a lot of things. Egg Beaters are another thing I want to add to our shopping list along with some Clif Bars (Mmmmm)!