Since I have a few minutes, I thought I would let y'all know how I did on my first day of the Slimmer this Summer Challenge. For those following along with me, I may not be able to do this daily, but I'll try to post as often as possible.
Sorry I don't have any photos, journaling my food using the calorie counter/food diary at MyFitnessPal.com takes up a bit more time than I'm to, so it might take a while before I get into the swing of things! But, you can check out the Weight Loss 2011 tab under my header to see some before photos!
My total calories for the day was 1392. That's a little high, but still keeps me within the challenge requirements.
Here's how I broke down my meals.
Breakfast (174 calories):
- One jumbo egg, scrambled.
- One slice of toast
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
Lunch (240 calories):
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Clif Bar. I fully intended on eating some tuna for lunch, but when I went out to the mail box, I saw that the Free Clif Bar sample I requested arrived. It was incredible! Lots of fiber and protein!
Dinner (530 calories):
- Vegetable Fried Rice (last of the leftover Chinese)
- duck sauce.
- Dannon Light and Fit yougurt (about 1 1/2 cups) with 2 Tbs. of whipped cream
- Blueberry infused Craisins (100 calorie pack)
- 1/2 cup Rainbow Sherbet with 3 Tbs. of whipped cream
- 10 glasses of water! I am so proud of myself!
- Multi-vitamin and Vitamin D supplement taken with dinner.
Sleep/Exercise: The previous night, I was up late trying to tackle the basement. I climbed into bed at 2:30 and Grace woke me up at 5:30. Since I only had 3 hours sleep, I skipped on the exercise. I slept much better on Monday night.
You'll notice I didn't eat a lot of fruit or vegetables yesterday. We haven't gone grocery shopping this week yet, so I'm out of or running low on a lot of things. Egg Beaters are another thing I want to add to our shopping list along with some Clif Bars (Mmmmm)!
I used to use Egg Beaters, way back when, but I actually find that the AllWhites or organic Health Valley egg whites are nicer. Cook up nicer. More flexible for spicing, even if they're not yellow. :) And I can add a whole egg for more nutrition (the yolk is full of eye-health goodies).
Yes, get the FReggies. They love dieters. :D
Thanks for updating. Wishing you and all challengers well...
That is a good first day! I'll have to try that Clif bar, it sounds wonderful. Get to the grocery store and stock up on the good stuff! ;) Best of luck!
Great job Alison!! I am with you I need to add some egg beaters. I had no idea that eggs were so high in the calorie area boiled eggs are not too bag. I also need to add some I can't believe it's not butter! Great job for day one! I am proud of you!!
Wishing you the best on the STS. Gracie
I think you did wonderful! It does take some getting used to. Those clif bars are good!
Egg beaters are great and of course the veggies are always awesome. Keep it up! Stay focused!
Post a Comment