With so many holiday parties to attend in the next week or so, I think this recipe will come in handy for when you need something to take with you, something that won't take a lot of time and energy!
I don't know about you, but I love cake batter! I love to lick the bowl when I make a cake. I even save a little extra batter at the bottom for myself! I know, we've all heard how bad raw eggs in cake batter can be. But, I've been licking the bowl since I was a kid and I haven't gotten sick yet! That being said, I would NEVER imagine letting Grace eat cake batter with raw eggs! I'm one of those "do as I say and not as I do" type moms!
So, when I saw a recipe over on Pinterest for 3-2-1 Funfetti Dip, I just knew I had to make it over the holidays!
The original recipe calls for plain yogurt. I didn't have plain yogurt, so I made mine using the low fat vanilla yogurt I had in the fridge. Mmmmm! Perfect!
It's in the fridge, chilling until we head out to a house warming party for Joe's brother and sister-in-law. Can't wait for everyone to try it!
So, do you want a quick and easy recipe to whip up for family and friends during this busy holiday season? Well, here it is:
Easy as 1-2-3 Funfetti Cookie Dip
- 1 cup Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cool whip
- extra sprinkles, optional
- With a hand mixer, mix the cake mix, yogurt and cool whip, until well combined.
- Chill for a couple of hours until ready to serve.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or chip and dip bowl and top with extra sprinkles!
- In a pinch, this dip is good un-chilled. I think it tastes more like cake batter, straight from the bowl that way!
- Serve this with a combination of cookies, graham crackers and pretzels. I plan to pick up a box of 'Nilla Wafers and Animal Crackers on my way to the party! (Nothing like last minute, huh? It's been a crazy week.)
- This dip can easily be doubled or tripled. Just remember to use the 3-2-1 ratio: 3 parts cake mix, 2 parts yogurt, 1 part cool whip. The original recipe states how to make single-serve portions, for those I-really-need-some-cake-batter moments!
Grace saw me taking the pictures for this post and immediately wanted some! I gave her a tiny bit on a spoon and added a few extra sprinkles! That kid loves her sprinkles!
This post has been linked to the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
- Home for the Holidays ~ Cookie Swap
- Delicious Dishes
- Tea Party Tuesday
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
- Tasty Tuesdays
- Get Your Craft On!
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday