With so many holiday parties to attend in the next week or so, I think this recipe will come in handy for when you need something to take with you, something that won't take a lot of time and energy!
I don't know about you, but I love cake batter! I love to lick the bowl when I make a cake. I even save a little extra batter at the bottom for myself! I know, we've all heard how bad raw eggs in cake batter can be. But, I've been licking the bowl since I was a kid and I haven't gotten sick yet! That being said, I would NEVER imagine letting Grace eat cake batter with raw eggs! I'm one of those "do as I say and not as I do" type moms!
So, when I saw a recipe over on Pinterest for 3-2-1 Funfetti Dip, I just knew I had to make it over the holidays!
The original recipe calls for plain yogurt. I didn't have plain yogurt, so I made mine using the low fat vanilla yogurt I had in the fridge. Mmmmm! Perfect!
It's in the fridge, chilling until we head out to a house warming party for Joe's brother and sister-in-law. Can't wait for everyone to try it!
So, do you want a quick and easy recipe to whip up for family and friends during this busy holiday season? Well, here it is:
Easy as 1-2-3 Funfetti Cookie Dip
- 1 cup Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cool whip
- extra sprinkles, optional
- With a hand mixer, mix the cake mix, yogurt and cool whip, until well combined.
- Chill for a couple of hours until ready to serve.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or chip and dip bowl and top with extra sprinkles!
- In a pinch, this dip is good un-chilled. I think it tastes more like cake batter, straight from the bowl that way!
- Serve this with a combination of cookies, graham crackers and pretzels. I plan to pick up a box of 'Nilla Wafers and Animal Crackers on my way to the party! (Nothing like last minute, huh? It's been a crazy week.)
- This dip can easily be doubled or tripled. Just remember to use the 3-2-1 ratio: 3 parts cake mix, 2 parts yogurt, 1 part cool whip. The original recipe states how to make single-serve portions, for those I-really-need-some-cake-batter moments!
Grace saw me taking the pictures for this post and immediately wanted some! I gave her a tiny bit on a spoon and added a few extra sprinkles! That kid loves her sprinkles!
This post has been linked to the following blog carnivals and linky parties:
- Home for the Holidays ~ Cookie Swap
- Delicious Dishes
- Tea Party Tuesday
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
- Tasty Tuesdays
- Get Your Craft On!
- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
That looks like adorabe heaven! Thanks for sharing. The raw eggs thing, LOl I've been living on the wild side and licking the bowl and spatula for years.... ;)
I am totally making this for christmas dessert!
Now this is completely PERFECT for many different occasions, I really love it!! So glad you linked it up to Tea Party Tuesday!
Post a Comment