Dinners are going to be easy again this week. I'll be grabbing a couple of pre-made meals from the downstairs freezer to help me out this week since we'll be running errands after dinner most nights.
- Hearty Un-Stuffed Cabbage Soup, Salad, Baked Potato. Years ago, I went to a little restaurant for lunch and ordered their special: A cup of soup, salad bar and a baked potato. Over the years, I've made this meal myself for lunch. I have a small container of Hearty Cabbage Soup in the freezer. Enough for each of us to have a bowl, but not enough to allow for seconds. The salad and baked potato will make this meal a bit heartier.
- Breakfast for Dinner. Joe bought 3 dozen eggs the other day, since he saw them on sale. I'll make some homefries, scrambled eggs, scrapple and toast for dinner one night this week. Some fruit and yogurt on the side would be nice, too!
- Spaghetti and Meat Sauce. I never did get around to making that big crock pot full of homemade sauce a few weeks ago. I'm thinking this week, I'll just doctor up some jarred sauce by adding some fresh vegetables and some additional seasonings along with some ground beef.
- Hamburger Soup. We love hamburger soup. For some reason, whenever I make it, I lose my notes on what I put in it. So, each time I make it, it's different. Usually, it's a combination of ground beef, frozen vegetables, diced potatoes, beef broth, alphabet pasta (or other small pasta) steak sauce, worcestershire sauce, and an assortment of seasonings. I will really try not to lose my notes this time, so I can share the recipe here.
- Crock Pot Multi-Bean Soup. A couple of weeks ago, I made a huge pot of this 16-bean Soup and put some in the freezer knowing that I would need some help with dinner this week. I mostly followed the linked recipe, except that I added extra pepper, some turkey bacon and used a different brand of tomatoes. I'll serve Corn Quesadillas on the side alond with iceberg lettuce wedges topped with peppercorn ranch dressing.
- Braided Spaghetti Bread. I've been wanting to try this recipe ever since my buddy Nicole told me about it! That's the main reason we're having spaghetti this week! So that we'll have leftovers to use to make this! Mmmmm! This will most likely be lunch on Christmas Eve.
- Christmas Dinner. I haven't fully decided on our menu for Christmas Day. When I was growing up, we spent most of the day visiting family. Party-type foods were usually served buffet-style. Hot roast beef sandwiches, meatballs, potato salad, macaroni salad, etc. I prefer that over a traditional holiday dinner. Since everyone will be munching on holiday treats throughout the day. Although, I was thinking of doing this on a much smaller scale.
Here are a few of the desserts I'll be making this week:
Are you looking for more links to recipes or menu planning inspiration?
- check out our past menu plans.
- follow me over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and take part in Menu Plan Monday.
Post a Comment