Last week's menu plan was compiled of a few recipes that allowed for leftovers that could be used throughout the week. Perfect for the busier-than-usual nights we've been experiencing! This week, won't be much different. There's still so much to do to finish preparing for Christmas.
Over the weekend, I had some help from my nieces. They came over for a visit and to play with Grace. They also helped me decorate my tree, made some snowflakes for my windows and made me some cookie dough for the freezer! The girls also watched Grace for me for about an hour, so Joe and I could run a couple of errands!
Even with all of that help, there still a lot to get done before the 24th.
So, again this week, I'm planning easy meals. I'm also planning to use what I already have in my pantry and freezer.
Here's what I'm planning for this week:
click link below for recipe and photo credit
- Turkey and Stuffing Casserole. We have a lot of turkey left over from Thanksgiving! I want it out of the freezer so there's room for more cookie dough! Although, I've been trying to get away from using those canned "cream of" soups, I do keep them on-hand for those nights I just want something easy. This recipe is coming right off the box of stuffing mix! Turkey, condensed soup, stuffing and vegetables. Easy and tasty! Just what I'm in the mood for this week. (I'll make up for the condensed soup and boxed stuffing after the holidays!)
- Chicken Stew. I have a chicken carcass in the freezer, as well. Chicken Stew will be the perfect excuse to get that out of the freezer...again, to make room for more cookie dough!
- Corn Dog Casserole. Here's another not-so-healthy but oh-so-yummy recipe! And to make it even better, there's usually leftovers! I'll probably use up that half a bag of tater tots that's shoved in the back of the freezer, too!
- Mashed Potato & Cauliflower Soup. The last time I made this, I made a huge batch and froze the leftovers. I'll make a salad and some corn quesadillas on the side!
- Tuna Noodle Casserole might make an appearance this week, if there aren't enough leftovers from the other meals to get us through the week.
That about wraps it up here for the week in the cooking department! I have a little more decorating and also a little crafting to get done! I'll report back to the blog with the results if I ever get all of my projects finished!
So, now that you know what we'll be eating this week, please share your dinner ideas in the comments!
Are you looking for more links to recipes or menu planning inspiration?
- check out our past menu plans.
- follow me over to Menu Plan Monday.
Post a Comment