Low-Calorie doesn't mean it needs to be boring! I love finding new ways to cut calories while enjoying the foods I love. In this case, a few simple changes saved me a ton of calories without skimping on the flavor!
For this sandwich, I swapped out my usual mayo for some Chipotle Hummus. That swap alone saved me 60 calories! Using a sandwich thin, in place of traditional sandwich bread eliminated another 60 calories! I enjoyed my sandwich with a side of carrots instead of chips. The crunchy, chip-like shape of the carrots helped me to feel as if I was snacking on chips as I ate my sandwich.
Low-Calorie Chipotle & Turkey Sandwich (serves 2)
- 1 Arnold Sandwich Thins, Healthy Multi-grain
- 1 Tbs. Spicy Chipotle Hummus
- 4 thin cucumber slices
- 2 oz. shaved deli meat turkey
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce
- sliced carrots
- Spread chipotle hummus on one half of the Arnold Sandwich Thins, Healthy Multi-grain roll.
- Place cucumbers on top of the hummus, this helps hold the cucumbers on the sandwich as you eat it.
- Finish building the sandwich by layering the turkey, lettuce and top of the bun.
- Serve with sliced carrots in place of chips.
- A slice of cheese would be delicious with this sandwich, but I was wanting to keep the calories low so I skipped the cheese.
- Any flavor hummus would work well with this sandwich, I love the smokey chipotle flavor with my turkey.
217 calories, including the carrot chips served on the side!
*Calorie count is approximate and may not be accurate.
Post a Comment