Quick Turkey Chili
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chipotle salsa
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup Jimmy Dean Crumbles, Turkey
- 1 cup cooked chicken or turkey breast, diced
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the celery, onions and peppers and cook until they start to get tender.
- Stir in the garlic, cook for just a minute or until fragrant. Careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat.
- Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Loved how easy this recipe was to prepare. Using the fully cooked sausage crumbles really helped this meal come together quickly and easily.
- If you like your chili more saucy, add additional liquid (stock and/or salsa) and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- We combined the leftover chili with the leftover rice and froze it for another meal. I'll probably use it as a filling for stuffed peppers.